Dec. 18, 2015 // This Week’s Notebook: NATCA Resources at Your Fingertips
NATCA Store Item of the Week: Tablet Cover
Get stylish with your tablet. Try our mahogany cover — measuring 8.75 by 11.5 inches when closed. The NATCA logo is featured in gold foil hot stamp. The cover is an adjustable holder to suit a variety of tablet sizes. Other features include foam-padded covers and turned edge construction. The cover style also includes a black elastic closure piece and a black vertical spine on the back. The lining allows tablets to be placed inside on the left or right panel to suit your preference.
Price: $25. Made in USA.
See the item and order it on the NATCA Store website. Select “USPS” or “UPS” as your shipping preference on your orders. Reminder: Apparel items take three to four weeks to deliver from date of order. If you need items by a certain date, please contact NATCA Store Customer Service for arrangements. Expedited shipping charges may apply.
To check on stock availability or for further assistance, call 800-266-0895 or email [email protected].
Reminder: The deadline to redeem your 2014 gift codes is Dec. 31, 2015. These were your rewards for signing up members during the NATCA Difference campaign and they cannot be combined with other promotional codes.
The deadline for orders with guaranteed Christmas delivery was Dec. 11. If you need special items delivered before the holiday, please contact Customer Service at 800-266-0895. Expedited shipping charges will apply.
2016 Pocket Calendars
Pocket calendars are available for purchase at $1.50 each. To place an order to order in bulk, please click here.
Benefit Spotlight: Southern Insurance Group (SIG)
It’s no secret that your Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) costs increase as you age. But did you know that there are alternatives to FEGLI that are much more affordable? Regardless of age, you owe it to yourself to shop competitively for life insurance. Oftentimes there are better options than FEGLI.
To better understand your life insurance benefits and to discuss alternatives to FEGLI, contact the Southern Insurance Group at 800-467-8571.
Cambridge Corner: Top 10 Things Not to do in Retirement
- Don’t take Social Security too early. By waiting until 70, retirees can increase benefits substantially.
- Don’t say, “take this job and shove it.” Even if a person quits their full-time job, he or she should consider continuing some kind of work.
- Don’t underestimate your lifespan. Half of Americans do not plan for a long enough retirement and do not save enough.
- Factor in health care costs. The funds needed to cover most health care expenses in retirement are $116,000 for men and $131,000 for women.
- Don’t ignore major expenses. This includes helping a child pay for college or buying a second home.
- Consider long-term care. Medicare doesn’t pay for long-term care.
- Don’t fall for scams. Con artists frequently target older people.
- Simplify your finances. If you have multiple retirement accounts, consolidate them. Otherwise it is tough to determine your asset allocation.
- Keep track of pensions. If you think a former employer may be holding a pension or 401(k) for you, contact the HR department.
- Don’t miss your Medicare deadline. You generally have a seven-month window, starting three months prior to turning 65, to sign up.
Call 888-900-4690 or click here for more information on how Cambridge Financial Partners can help you.
NATCA EDGE—Designed Exclusively for NATCA Members!
Can’t get to a seminar? We’ll bring the seminar to you!
Presenting an all-new, flexible access, web-based session of our popular Retirement Benefits Seminar:
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2016
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT
To register for a session, visit portal.natca.org.
Personalized benefit estimate for participants paid for as an exclusive benefit for NATCA members. You will never be solicited or sold anything…EVER!
For any questions or problems with registration, contact Grace Colby, NATCA Executive Administrative Assistant: 202-220-9829 or [email protected].
Have You Moved or Changed Your Email Address?
Let us know please, so we can update our membership database and better serve you. Simply go the NATCA Portal to make all updates yourself.
Stay Plugged in With NATCA News and Information
Members website: www.natca.org
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Email Alerts: Important updates are sent directly to members via email. To ensure we have your email address, or to change your address, please log in to the NATCA Portal.
Join Our Email Distribution Lists: To get NATCA press releases, daily press clippings and weekly updates—Paul Rinaldi/Trish Gilbert Team Updates and these National Office Departmental Updates—emailed directly to you, please send an email to Director of Communications Doug Church at [email protected].