ENTERPRISE-INFORMATION DISPLAY SYSTEM (E-IDS)
Amanda Richardson is the Article 114 Representative for Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS).
Background: The Enterprise Information Display System (E-IDS) project aims to replace all existing IDSs in the NAS, providing the Agency with one enterprise solution across facility types. There are currently 5 existing IDSs that need to be replaced (1 EnRoute, 3 Terminal, and 1 in Alaska). While some customization is necessary and should be available, one system will reduce overall costs for upkeep, training, and resolve the upcoming End-Of-Life (EOL) issues we have with our current IDSs in the field. Current domains without an IDS will also be addressed (Oceanic, Alaska FSS, etc.). Final Investment Decision (FID) was approved by the Joint Resources Council (JRC) on June 17th. The vendor bid process is complete, with a contract awarded to Leidos. 3 Phases of Implementation are planned, beginning in 2023 and ending in 2031.
SME workgroup activities are paused into early fall. NATCA and the Program Office are working on expanding the existing E-IDS SME Workgroup Scoping Agreement to align with post-contract award activities. The SME workgroup will evolve into the E-IDS User Team, with specifics to be worked collaboratively with the Program Office, and work beginning after the contractor is up to speed. The User Team will be involved from early design and development, through to implementation and sustainment. This effort is still in progress.
The E-IDS Implementation Team is coordinating efforts to communicate with the Alaska area facilities. The E-IDS Team as a whole needs to better understand the specific needs of the Alaska facilities to ensure a successful implementation of E-IDS. This effort is impacted by current COVID restrictions and will be an ongoing effort until the goal is met.
Meetings continue internally with the NATCA Reps that represent programs/projects that will (or may be) impacted by E-IDS.
· Weekly / bi-weekly Program Status and Systems Engineering telcons (ongoing)
· E-IDS Requirements telcons (weekly)
· E-IDS SME Working Group meetings (currently paused; will evolve to User Team)
· Bi-weekly Risk Board telcons; Joint Risk Board with Leidos (ongoing)
· Weekly check-in with Program Manager (ongoing)
· E-IDS Weather Working Group telcons (as needed)
· NATCA Safety & Technology department telcons (monthly)
· Meetings with other programs to discuss potential overlaps and impacts are occurring as needed